Monday, August 31, 2009

INDEPENDENCE DAY /52nd.......


MERDEKA! 31. August. 1957

Merdeka means independence. (Below) Skyline of Kuala Lumpur

Today is Hari Merdeka in Malaysia, it also marks the 52nd anniversary of independence from the Britsh colonial rule. 

This year's national day was distinct because I spent my public holiday on writing this, instead of going out to join in Hari Merdeka celebrations. As a citizen, I'm proud of my own country regardless of what people say. The public transport is magnificent, civil rights are stupendous (means extremely impressive lah, not stupid), and the food is fabulous. In short, it is a very cultural diverse country with splendid civilians. Bravo.

By now, you'd probably think that I'm drunk. Unless you consider drunk in the sense as intoxicated then yes, i'm drunk by secondhand smoke. No i'm not drunk, I'm beerless and I'm not a drunkard or drunkaholic. 
  

I reiterate that I did not employ the use of sarcasm nor did I apply any sense of derogatory terms throughout my post. So dun simply incarcerate me. Yeah, I used dun, what's the poblem?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment